Skip Navigation



Who maintains my road?

Roads within Kendall County can be maintained by a number of various entities, which include the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT), the City of Boerne, Homeowner's Associations and private individuals.
If you're unsure of who you need to contact, we are more than happy to help you. Please contact our office and we will gladly point you in the right direction if needed.  But below are just a few hints to help identify the road's "owner".

              TxDOT roads usually contain numbers (i.e. FM 3351, US 87, SH 27).
              City of Boerne street name signs are white with black lettering.
              Private roads (gated communities, HOA & individually owned) will be
              designated with a brown street name sign.

What does KCRB do?
Kendall County Road & Bridge maintains more than 400 miles of roadway throughout the County. 
These roads vary from non-paved "ranch" roads to larger thoroughfares and roads within subdivisions.
As the County grows, our department strives to keep the ever-increasing number of miles safe for traffic.   Some of our services are listed below.
Adopt-A-Road program information can be obtained here or by contacting Jean "Max" Maxwelll at (830) 995-2995
Mailbox approaches can be maintained and/or replaced by our department. 
Broken pavement, road shoulder erosion and maintenance of the mailbox stands and/or loops are common issues that we will try to resolve as soon as possible.
Mailboxes located on TxDOT roads are maintained by TxDOT. Contact the Boerne office at (830) 249-2262 for any issues or requests. Do you live on a TxDOT road? Find out here .
Right of Way maintenance includes right of way clearing at owner's request, mowing, herbicide
application and/or brush clearing within a county-maintained road right of way for general maintenance and/or safety purposes.
It is Kendall County policy to clear the fence line of brush and debris for any landowner who is wanting to replace fencing along a county-maintained road. Any Kendall County landowner whose property abuts a County road and who is planning to replace their fence along the County road may contact the Road and Bridge Department at (830) 995-2995 for more information about this policy.
It is important that any landowner who is interested in this service contact the Road and Bridge
Department since clearing will only be done if there is a public benefit and only at the convenience of the County.
Signs are replaced as needed on County roads. To report a damaged or down sign on a County road please contact our office.

In the case of a down Stop sign, please contact Boerne Dispatch at (830) 249-8645.

For information regarding 911 Address signs please contact Development Management .


powered by ezTaskTitanium TM